Saturday 11 April 2009

Fun while it Lasted

For a while now I've been meaning to take a ride down to the velodrome at Herne Hill so the Good Friday meeting with the promise of being able to see some top stars in action was motivation enough. It's actually a lot nearer than I'd thought (25 mile round trip) so that was one for riding fixed.
Unfortunately the weather was marginal and although it held out until early afternoon, when the rain eventually came down it put an end to the racing. Before that however, I was able to watch several sprint races, a points race won convincingly by Chris Newton and, my favourite, a Devils race.


The rain did give me a chance to look around the bike stalls (aside from a few spare tubes looking was all I did) and check out the Rollapaluza crew who could still race despite the rain. I returned to my bike to find it had attracted the company of a certain Olympic gold medalist.


There are some more of my photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment