Monday 23 March 2009

Back to the Fixed

Saturday 21st March - Normally I find switching between my racer with it's gears and freewheel and my fixed bike pretty easy, but I did find myself getting caught out a couple of times in the first 5 minutes of my ride into Hyde Park to play hockey. Guess it must have just been the length of time since I rode it and the amount of mileage I'd clocked up in between using it, but fortunately it was nothing serious and I was soon back in the swing of things. Just as well really as, having played hockey for about 4-5 hours, I rode the 11 miles home, grabbed something to eat and then headed straight back to Kew Bridge to go on the LFGSS bridges ride that was starting at 10pm. Had my doubts that I'd actually make it in time but made it with enough time to have a quick pint before the off so that was pretty pleasing. The ride consists of crossing every Thames bridge and this time we were heading from West to East and although the pace was higher than the last one (which we did in the opposite direction) it wasn't too tough. There were some fun sprints and we had a bit of a regroup by Battersea Park so some could mend punctures. I found that my legs were stiffening up a bit so I decided that I'd try to finish the rest of the ride without stopping so I found myself on my own after Vauxhall Bridge. No matter, I knew where I was going and crossed Tower Bridge at 12.15 before heading home. 66 miles for the day which was pleasing and leaves me another 150 miles to complete my first 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment