Monday 23 March 2009

More walking than cycling :(

Sunday 15th March - OK, so I'm a bit behind in updating this blog so there'll be a week's worth of entries going up right now. Sunday was supposed to be an easy ride to South Shields via Sunderland so that Chris could buy a track pump to leave at her parents, and the out bound leg went well, although Chris's first selection of a pump proved less than easy to use.
So having changed it for one that could pump to 120psi without the user needing to be Mr Universe, we got to test it in earnest as Chris punctured after hitting a pot hole just after the mini-Tyne Bridge.
Having checked out the beach at South Shields it was my turn to run into inflation problems as, whilst eating lunch, I noticed that the sidewall of my rear tyre was failing and at one point the tube was bulging through. After using all our gadgetry to locate a nearby bike shop and then finding them to be closed (or at least not answering the phone),I decided the best option would be to ride back to Halfords (about 7.5 miles) but before I even got started the tube burst and I got to undergo a 2 hour hike instead.
One new Continental Gator Skin and a second test for the track pump later and we were able to make our way home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment